Monday, February 7, 2011

missed

So last night I saw the most absolutely beautiful sunset, with someone I care a lot about. I didn't have my camera with me and so I wanted to run back and get it, so I could capture that image forever. But by the time we got back, the colors had already faded, the clouds had moved, and there wasn't hardly anything left, just dark sky.

Remember the tools for staying happy are only tools. And sometimes, it is the wrong tool for the job. Instead of trying to freeze that image forever, I should have stayed and made a memory I could cherish forever.

Don't lose sight of your priorities, and what is most important in your life. Journal it out, type it up, make a sticky note, whatever. But think about it. Relatively often. Whether that's once a week, once a fortnight, once a month, just do it. You may find yourself finding that some of those stressors just really don't matter. It makes it a whole lot easier to do what you need to do that way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment