Thursday, March 25, 2010

the missing ingredient

Money. An all consuming idea that I obsess over and try to ignore at the same time. Getting ready for college I have to figure out where it's coming from and where it all will be going.

But today? I took the privilege of being happy about my money even though it's kind of a stressful topic! The other day I emailed my city and asked about whether or not I would need a license of any sort to perform publicly on the street and make a few bucks that way. Well, they said it's alright! So I think that I just found myself a brand new part time job. At the very least I found a great new date idea! Also, I had an Amazon gift card that I wasn't sure what I was going to do with. So I treated myself and splurged a little: I ordered a longboard, that should get here just in time for spring break! I'm petty excited :)

Today though, the weather wasn't the best. We went back into the windy grossness instead of the beautiful sunshine that we have had the last couple of days. Because of this, I didn't manage to get out again today. I was still productive and got all of my homework done (which is a first in a while).

With my new found hobby of photography though I was kind of at a loss. I wasn't sure what to make beautiful, especially with the limits I have since I'm using the camera on my phone. So I took to thinking back to those people who inspire me with there inner beauty and kindness and I realized something that I'm missing-- people. Friends. I've got so many, but I never go out and do things with them. The other week when I was going on a date every single day, I was the happiest I had been in a long time! It was SO amazing! :) I'm ready to take my happiness to the next step, by getting even more out there, being with more people! Plus it will give me opportunities to do more things for more people, and share the beauty and love that I find in the world with more people!

Oh! And that reminds me! I took that gift to my grandmother today :) She was so excited! My babushka was so happy, and so impressed. She loves when we get together so she can get to know me more. She told me how much she appreciates that today, because she doesn't get that opportunity with all of her many grandchildren. So she did a lot of smiling today, and got to share more of the stories from her childhood and throughout her life. All my younger years I used to think that listening to old folks talk would be boring and dreary. I never realized how wonderful it is! I'm not even sure how to describe it. Inspiring isn't quite the right word.. it's kind of like watching a really, REALLY, good movie I guess. You know, like the ones that just make you all happy inside when it all works out right? You girls know what I'm talking about, it's just like a chick flick! :)

So now it's time to make my friends into friends as I learn to come out of my shell and touch the lives of others.

Here's to happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment