Monday, March 29, 2010

part of this balanced breakfast

What? Sleeping in? What is that?? Why would I do that over spring break?!?

This morning I was up early again! It is a great feeling to be up and about that early, enjoying that beautiful soft sunshine! Plus, it makes it feel like you have so much more day, so much more life!!

Last night it rained, and so this morning it was all wet outside. But it was so pretty too! Everything looks SO much greener after it rains, especially in the springtime :) There was a little bit of breeze and my tire had been flat, so I opened up my day with a bicycle ride downtown instead of my usual stint around the river. It was nice to shake things up a bit! It is so pretty down in that part of town, with all of the historic buildings are darling little houses. It's a shame that people don't go down there more often!













But you can tell that Easter is coming up! All of my mom's flowers are beginning to bloom, in all the beautiful pastel colors, just in time! Isn't it wonderful how something that can seem so oppressive sometimes (like the rain) can really turn out to be such a beautiful thing? Here's another example where it's all in your perspective! Just like some of these photos. How often do we see a dead leaf and just pass it by? Now think, how often do we stop to look at it from this perspective, appreciative of its uniqueness and place in this world!

Anyway, I kept myself pretty busy today, both with fun things and more busy/work-ish things. Spring break is a great time to learn an important part about life: balance. Good things are good, but too much of a good thing is exactly that: too much of a good thing! So while rest and relaxation and recreation are good, and excess could be just the opposite. Exactly the same thing goes for work. Being busy and hard working is awesome, but too much so is not so much. So balance is key. That's why it shows up in so many things: religions, cultures, just everywhere! Yin and Yan, "moderation in all things", harmony. It is all one and the same.

Today I was able to experience pretty much what it feels like. I got a good amount of sleep: not too much and not too little. I spent time for myself riding my bike, enjoying the sunshine, and taking pictures; but I spent time with my family too on a picnic, and watching the river and the rain. I relaxed and just enjoyed life and the world, and I worked hard on my car. I got the carpet all put in and all of the seats changed out and installed. I did as much work on it as I could before my dad needed to check it over. So it was a good day. Peaceful, happy, and relaxing even as I was working and trying to get things done.

Honestly?
It doesn't get much better than this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment