Sunday, April 11, 2010

momma's boy

Have you ever gone over to a friend's house, or were just watching people out on the street, and wondered what things would have been like if you had had their parents? For me it is kind of perplexing sometimes. I'm not sure I could handle even living in some of those houses. Other times I sit there and wonder how I would be different if I was raised there in that family instead of in my own.

I must say though, that any way that I look at it, it makes me so much more grateful for my family! Sure we have our moments of friction, and my little brothers can get on my nerves... but really, they are perfect for me. They are just the people I need around me, to associate with, love, grow with, and learn from. I'm where I am for a reason, and I'm happy with that.

Sometimes the reason is to do something, to help others grow. Sometimes it is to get help. But wherever you are, be happy with it. Try to make it better. Encompass all the scenarios and you'll never miss out:

Always be searching to serve, but looking to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I have wondered. What if I had the same family setting as his, or had lived in one town my whole life like her? We can never know but it's a gift we have to still be able to wonder and be perplexed. :)

    It's so great you can see others and wonder such things and just be that much more grateful for what you have. No family or friendship is perfect and some are less than desirable. To (be able to) want and love what you have is the secret.

    If this were facebook, I'd 'like' your post.

    ReplyDelete