Sunday, April 4, 2010

new life

Easter. A day that traditionally marks the beginning of new growth and blooming life as the last remnants of winter give way to the full onslaught of spring. You know, you could almost use it like New Years. Reaffirm your resolutions to start again and be better. That's kind of what it's all about. If you do it often then you won't forget and you're more likely to do it. So choose to be happy all over again! Do it every single day!

Alright, so looking at this picture, there's a couple of things I want you to notice. First a little something from my trip again. While we were in Seattle we looked for gifts for my family and all of my siblings. The sweater I'm wearing is a sweater from Mexico that I got for my older sister. But I discovered some things about myself in the process. First off, since my dad was paying and so I didn't really have to worry about money I realized hat I wouldn't last long as a millionaire. I'd soon become a pauper. I'd give my money away using it for the benefit of others in the form of gifts and philanthropy. And not in the slightest to make a name for myself or show off that I have money, but just for the sake of helping people because I have the resources, and I really don't need that much. I discovered something else too though. Back to my dad's comment about me not getting a gift. It's because I feel any money going toward me is pretty much a waste, even though I would not hesitate to spend that same money on anyone else! I can be content with whatever I've got, and more than anything I want to be the one serving not being served.

The other thing about the picture is that I've got my guitar again! I'm almost ready to go try busking for real! I practiced a bunch today and I have a small arsenal of songs. Here's what I've got so far:
  • We're Going to be Friends--Jack Johnson
  • I'm Yours--Jason Mraz
  • Hey Soul Sister--Train
  • Grow Old With you--Adam Sandler
  • 1, 2, 3, 4, --Plain White T's
  • I just can't wait to be king--Lion King
  • Somewhere over the rainbow--Iz
Plus pieces of two Brazilian boleros.
I'm so excited to try this! I just hope that my fingers last up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment