Thursday, April 1, 2010

busking in the sunlight

Well at first I had no idea what to write about today. I ended up getting up late, so I didn't even go on my bike ride this morning. Then I got up and worked on my car again for most of the day. I mean my longboard came which was very exciting and I tried it out for a while, but it just didn't seem like I did a whole lot! But I've got the perfect thing to talk about: busking.

Busking is street performing, like singing on street corners and that kind of thing. Well I've been thinking for a while that I would really like to go try it. Maybe try it out for a date, and go buy dinner with our earnings or something. At first I just thought it would be kind of fun to do. But now I guess I can see how much I've grown! Let me explain:

My family went on another picnic this afternoon, and since busking had been so much on my mind I decided to bring my guitar. I spent some time playing and singing on a bench in the park while my brothers and sisters went to go play on the swings. Well there were some little kids at the park too who I kept watching and I began to think.. it was a fun idea already, but it became so much more appealing to me when I discovered how happy I could make even just the little kids walking by, and hopefully their parents.

So having fun was a good reason to do it, but i found my nobler cause. Making those people smile and happy as they walk by. That's a good reason too I think :) I'm so excited for it! I also discovered that I need to expand my repertoire a little bit too though so that I don't get bored with playing the same music again and again and again...

But here is my challenge to you: if you see someone like me (take that however you want to! :] ) smile at them! It might very well make their day, which makes it totally worth it to you to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment